Your contribution to education
Alumni Fund Ukraine
empowers you to contribute to the development of Ukrainian education. You can create a student’s stipend or a teacher’s award, finance a school project or launch a new students competition, or just support financially one of our educational projects.
Your school or university is not yet a part of Alumni Fund Ukraine? You can add it to our network, in order to enable other alumni to financially support it.
Let’s co-create a tradition of alumni giving in Ukraine together. Join us today!
How it works
The project includes translation and professional dubbing in Ukrainian language of MOOC “The Science of Everyday Thinking” (Queensland University, Australia), as well as a contest for all those who will successfully complete the course and submit the course final project.
- To support next projects
- Translation, editing and professional dubbing in Ukrainian language of all course materials 15000 UAH (funds collected)
- Partial remuneration for the course moderators 25000 UAH (19000 UAH already collected)
- Awards for selected winners 15000 UAH (funds collected)
- Stipends to support students from Crimea or Eastern Ukraine during the time of their study in Kyiv-Mohyla Academy.
- Teacher’s award: Grant to the best teacher of Ukrainian language.
- Grants to the KMA postgraduate school: for participation of PhD students in scientific conferences with reports based on their own research.
- Extracurricular activities / campus: Renovation of the KmartSpace building and its transformation into the Entrepreneurship Center of KMA.
- Individual stipends and grants: each donor has an opportunity to create his/her own stipend/grant/new area of support.
- Area of greatest need (decided by the Alumni Fund team of KMA).
- Support KMA basketball team: participation in two tournaments -Champions League and ABL Championship (required funds: 41 000 UAH)
- A project initiated by students and PhD students of Natural Science Faculty “Environmental monitoring system” (budget 210 USD)
- Financial aid to pupils (stipends, grants, awards)
- Teachers’ awards
- Awards for winners of different Lyceum’s competitions (chess competition, drawing contents, etc.)
- Funds to support pupils in financial need to participate in different Ukrainian and international competitions (Olympiads, etc.)
- Funds to support pupils in financial need to participate in different school trips (annual trip to Lviv, Kyiv, other Ukrainian cities, educational excursions, international trips, etc.)
- Funds to support professional and personal development of teachers and pupils (participation in conferences, courses, seminars, lectures, etc.)
- Equipment/campus upgrade (class equipment and furniture, computer class, labs, etc.)
- Funds to support pupils' projects and initiatives (project to develop Lyceum, social projects, ecological projects, etc.)
- Area of greatest need (decided by the Alumni Fund team of Lyceum).
- Funds for the Lyceum's 25th anniversary (guests, venue rent, gifts, etc)
- Funds for preparation and participation of students in Ukrainian and international Olympiads, mathematical battles and competitions.
- Funds for the the Annual Rusanivska Mathematical Olympiad in spring.
- To publish books co-authored by school teachers and students / replenish lyceum’s library.
- To upgrade technical equipment.
- Funds for the teachers to participate in the international exchange programs.
- To build a new bigger space for RL.
Ivan PrymachenkoCo-founder of Prometheus
I support Alumni Fund Ukraine as I believe that such educational projects as translation of a legendary online course "The Science of Everyday Thinking" into Ukrainian language move our education forward.
Nadiya VargolaPresident and co-founder of Alumni Fund Ukraine
I believe that there are many people that are ready to support their alma mater and educational projects in Ukraine, given that it can be done in a transparent, simple and reliable manner. This is exactly what is offered by Alumni Fund Ukraine.
Sophia OpatskaFounding Dean at LvBS
Only educated and competent people with the right values and morals can change Ukraine. Education plays a critical role in their upbringing. We can radically change the existing system by supporting projects that change education. Alumni Fund Ukraine offers exactly this opportunity to anybody interested.
Anna MakarenkovaMarketing Director, Chocolate Category at Mondelez International
I am very grateful for being able to contribute to the development of the Ukrainian education thanks to Alumni Fund Ukraine. I was happy to support ecological projects. Hopefully there will be an increasing interest to the ecological sphere in Ukraine in the future.
Oleksii MolchanovskyiSenior Teacher at UKU, co-founder of Prometheus
Alumni of schools, colleagues and universities – are those who know best the needs of their alma mater. That’s why I support Alumni Fund Ukraine.
Iryna Petrovska-MarchianoPhD, Petroleum Engineer at Chevron
Lyceum laid a solid foundation for my further academic and professional growth in Ukraine and abroad. Supporting it via Alumni Fund Ukraine allows me to express my gratitude to the Lyceum and my teachers, as well as to help them to continue providing such a solid educational base for the future students.
Online project “The science of everyday thinking” finished
A total of 26000 people registered for this course and thousands received certificates of completion. The course remains available for a self-paced learning and can be taken at any time.
Additionally, Alumni Fund Ukraine organized a contest for all those who successfully completed the course and submitted the course final project “Change the world”. 13 best videos were selected by jury. Winners obtained awards.
Two new educational institutions joined our network!
Alumni, teachers and pupils in Gorodyshchensk Economic Lyceum are ready to actively develop their school.
Rusanivsky Physics and Mathematics Lyceum in Kyiv consistently belongs to top-10 schools in Ukraine according to various ratings. Alumni and administration joined forces to support development of Rusanivsky Lyceum, engaging resources and creating new opportunities for teachers and talented youth. Check their initial results and join!
Annual report for 2016
2016 was the first full year of operation of Alumni Fund Ukraine. We designed the organizational model, implemented the first educational project and launched cooperation with two Ukrainian educational institutions and their alumni. 17700 Euro were collected in donations. A full report is available here.
We share our success with our donors, partners and all supporters of Alumni Fund Ukraine, to whom we’d like to extend our sincere gratitude.
Project on critical thinking / course “The Science of Everyday Thinking”
The first project of Alumni Fund Ukraine, an online course "The Science of Everyday Thinking", started today with 17000 enrolled students! It is really a huge success. But we hope that this is only the first step in teaching critical thinking to broad public in Ukraine. You can see a welcome message from the course author, Prof. Tangen from the University of Queensland, Australia, to the Ukrainian audience.
Alumni Fund Ukraine in Kyiv-Mohyla Academy
Alumni Fund Ukraine launched one of its first branch organizations, in Kyiv-Mohyla Academy . Together with the university representatives, professors, students and alumni, we identified the most important areas for support and already collected more than 66 000 UAH. If you want to systematically support KMA, please join us today!
Alumni Fund Ukraine in Physical and Technical Lyceum, Ivano-Frankivsk
The team of Alumni Fund Ukraine in Physical and Technical Lyceum already collected almost 140 000 UAH in donations from alumni. The funds were obtained for a number of stipends for the pupils and awards for the teachers, English summer school for the pupils, educational trips, prizes for the Lyceum’s competitions, professional development of the teachers, etc.